6 Ways We’ll Protect You from the Insurance Company
Posted in Car Accident on March 12, 2019
Auto insurance rates continue to climb, and major insurers continue to post huge profits year after year. Insurance companies are able to rake in big money annually because they find ways to reduce or deny payments to innocent victims. And because many accident victims pursue compensation on their own, they’re left with no recourse other than to accept the insurance companies’ decisions, whether it’s to offer them lowball settlements or to deny them money altogether.
At Matt Hardin Law, our Nashville auto accident lawyers believe that innocent victims should get the money they deserve for their medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. But we also know that insurance companies have teams of adjusters whose sole job is to find ways to pay victims as little as possible, claim after claim, year after year. Because we have inside knowledge of the insurance industry, we know what steps they take to reduce or dismiss claims, and that means we’re able to stay one step ahead.
When you call our lawyers, you’ll get protection from the insurance company in the following ways:
- We’ll prove the accident wasn’t your fault—Insurance companies are skeptical of victims’ claims almost by default. They generally assume that victims are either partially or fully responsible for their own accidents, they continue to believe that until ample evidence is presented to suggest otherwise. Many victims’ claims are denied because they lack sufficient evidence to change the minds of the adjusters who take on their cases. We know what evidence is important and how to find it, and we’ll make sure there’s no doubt concerning who caused your accident.
- We’ll prove your injuries were caused by the accident—Insurance companies often assume that victims’ injuries were pre-existing or caused by something else even after they see proof that victims didn’t cause their own accidents. To “prove” that assumption, they’ll dig into victims’ past medical records, work history, and even leisure activities to find potential sources of their injuries. Our legal team will collect police reports, medical records, witness statements, and even expert testimony to ensure that the insurance company will have to admit that your injuries were caused by the accident.
- We’ll handle communication with adjusters—Insurance adjusters have plenty of tricks up their sleeves throughout the claim process. One way they reduce or deny payments is by simply speaking with victims and fishing for potentially incriminating statements—even if they have to take victims’ words out of context. Whether it’s on the phone, via email, or even in person, insurance adjusters are always looking for admission of fault or indications of pre-existing injuries. When we take on your claim, we’ll handle all communication with the insurance company, and that means you won’t have to worry about what to say or how to respond.
- We’ll help you avoid common pitfalls while you wait for your claim to settle—Even after we’ve taken over your claim and the insurance company no longer has a direct line of communication with you, adjusters won’t give up on “winning” the settlement process. From regularly checking your social media profiles to even hiring private investigators to determine the severity of your injuries, it’s important to never underestimate the lengths that the insurance company and its adjusters will go to in order to avoid paying you your full settlement. Our lawyers will advise you on the best ways to avoid potentially jeopardizing your claim while we work on helping you get maximum compensation.
- We’ll review all settlement offers with you before you sign on the dotted line—When insurance companies know they don’t have a leg to stand on in personal injury claims, they may offer victims settlement offers either right away or shortly after the claim process begins. Because many victims are desperate for money for things like medical bills and lost wages, they know that many people will accept their offers. What victims often don’t realize is that those settlement offers are rarely enough to cover their full expenses, and after they accept, they may be ineligible to pursue additional compensation. If the insurance company offers you a settlement, we’ll review it and make sure it’s sufficient to cover your current and future expenses.
- We’ll stand by you in court if necessary—Although most claims settle out of courts, insurance companies occasionally refuse to pay victims fair settlements despite being presented with plenty of evidence. This last stand effort by insurance companies is designed to make victims give up out of frustration or to accept lowball settlement offers. But our legal team won’t let the insurance company take advantage of you or intimidate you. We won’t hesitate to take your case to trial if it means getting you the full compensation that you and your loved ones deserve. And if you case does end up in a court room, you can count on our lawyers to be there for you every step of the way.
We’ll also do everything we can to keep your case moving forward. Insurance companies know that they can avoid paying settlements by dragging cases out for months or even years, but we won’t let them use that tactic. Our in-depth knowledge of insurance companies means we’ll keep things moving towards a speedy and satisfying resolution for you and your family.
Don’t Wait Another Day to Get the Help You Deserve
If you were hurt in an accident that wasn’t your fault, don’t count on getting the compensation you deserve without having experienced legal representation your side. The insurance company will do everything in its power to protect its profits, even if that means denying your otherwise valid and evidence-backed claim. With our legal team on your side, your claim will be in good hands and built for success from the ground up. Call us today at (615) 200-1111 or fill out a free online contact form.