What Should You Do When You Want Compensation After a Crash?
Posted in Car Accident on February 28, 2019
Were you recently hurt in an auto accident? If so, getting compensation is likely one of your biggest priorities. That’s because car crashes can be extremely expensive for victims and their families.
You may be suffering from painful injuries that require extensive and long-term medical treatment, and you also may be disabled and unable to work. You need money right away to cover the costs of your accident-related expenses, but you may be unsure of where to start.
At Matt Hardin Law, our Nashville car accident attorneys know what you’re going through. The hours, days, and weeks after auto accidents are often stressful and overwhelming, and getting full compensation can seem like a difficult prospect. Don’t get discouraged—instead, get a lawyer on your side who understands what you’re going through.
Our legal team has fought for the rights of many victims just like you, and we know what it takes to build strong claims that get results. Without a legal advocate representing you, your claim may be reduced or denied by the insurance company, and it can be difficult to stand your ground when you go it alone. Contact us today to get our experienced and dedicated attorneys fighting on your behalf. Call (615) 200-1111 or complete a free online contact form.
You’re Closer to Getting Compensation Than You Think
It’s no secret that the legal system can be complicated. But the good news is that you don’t have to deal with the paperwork, red tape, and back and forth with the insurance company when you have a lawyer on your side.
If you’re ready to get the money you and your loved ones are owed, learning about the following steps will help you have a better understanding of the process that can lead to you getting maximum compensation:
- Call a lawyer—When it comes to getting compensation, there’s no better step to take than contacting an experienced Nashville car accident lawyer. The sooner you call, the better. That’s because evidence can quickly disappear, witnesses may become more difficult to contact, and statutes of limitations may even expire. When you get in touch with us, we’ll hit the ground running on your case, because we understand that every second counts when it comes to auto accident claims.
- Avoid signing or accepting settlement offers without talking to your lawyer—The insurance company may have contacted you immediately after the accident and before you were able to contact a lawyer. If so, it may have offered you a settlement for your accident-related expenses. And while you may need the money right now, it’s important to never sign or accept any settlement offers without first discussing them with a lawyer. That’s because settlements are considered final, and you may be unable to pursue additional compensation if you need it in the future.
- Follow your doctor’s orders—When you were treated by the doctor after your auto accident, you were probably given strict orders for things you can and cannot do, as well as necessary follow-up appointments and visits to specialists. It’s important to follow all of those orders as closely as possible. In addition to helping you protect your health, being diligent with your medical care will also help prove the legitimacy and severity of your injuries to the insurance company.
- Be honest about what happened—When we begin working for you, we’ll ask you questions about your accident and your injuries. It’s important that you’re honest throughout this process. Be sure to provide relevant information, including whether you’ve had previous injuries to the same body parts that were hurt in the crash and whether you’ve pursued compensation in the past for other accidents or injuries. The more accurate information we get from you, the stronger your claim will be when we present it to the insurance company.
- Don’t talk to the insurance company—After we’ve taken over your claim, you’ll be free from the stresses of worrying about the insurance company bombarding you with phone calls, text messages, emails, or even in-person visits. As your attorneys, we’ll handle all communication with the insurance company on your behalf. But sometimes insurance companies try to bend the rules by contacting victims directly. If that happens, let us know and we’ll handle the situation while you focus on getting better.
- Stay in touch with us while we work on your claim—Our legal team believes that innocent victims like you should know how we’re putting our experience to work for you and your loved ones. That’s why we’ll give you regular updates on the progress we’re making towards getting you maximum compensation. We’re also available to answer your questions and address your concerns throughout the process. We enjoy the process of getting to know our clients, and staying in touch with you from the day we take on your claim until the day you get your check can be a rewarding process for both sides.
- Avoid social media while you’re waiting for your case to conclude—Social media is tough to avoid today’s world, but it can be devastating effects on the outcome of your claim if you aren’t careful. Insurance adjusters are known to keep tabs on the social media profiles of claimants for statements or pictures that they can use against them. It’s better to be safe than sorry and to avoid social media altogether while your claim is in progress.
- Meet with us to discuss the insurance company’s terms or settlement offer—After we’ve collected evidence, calculated how much money you’re owed, and presented the insurance company with a demand letter, you’ll be able to decide how you want to progress after they respond. In some cases, the insurance company will offer a settlement that’s reasonable, and if they don’t, we’ll negotiate until you get an offer that’s sufficient to cover your accident-related expenses. However, insurance companies don’t always agree to pay victims what they are owed. When that happens, we can take claims to court, but we’ll consult with you first before we take any additional steps.
We’re Ready to Put our Decades of Experience to Work for You
At Matt Hardin Law, we know the steps for building strong claims inside and out. We also know the common tactics insurance companies use to pay victims as little as possible or even deny their claims outright.
When you get our legal team on your side, you’ll get peace of mind knowing you have a law firm working for you that has experience and a strong, longstanding track record of success. You shouldn’t have to worry about the technicalities involved with a compensation claim when you’re just trying to get better. Leave that up to us. Call today and start your journey towards getting the money you are owed.